Many thanks to all the generous local people, businesses and to Hunters Hill and Lane Cove Councils who helped us meet our neighbours’ needs in the past month. Huge thanks go to:
– Numerous generous local people handing in vast amounts of food to our offices and even making Woolworths online orders for food to be delivered direct to the offices
– Harris Farm for continuing to supply fresh fruit and veggies which go to: clients and people in need from Hunters Hill, Ryde and Lane Cove LGAs and to Delvena Women and Children’s Refuge
– Happy Hens and their community garden fresh produce
Donations to our foodbank came from:
– Hunters Hill Council matching the community donations received via Facebook with $2 for every $1 donated – $3,000.00 to be handed over to SCS at the beginning of May
– Boronia Park Uniting Church
– Anglican Parish of Hunters Hill
– Lane Cove locals through Woolworths
– Hunters Hill locals dropping by SCS’ Hunters Hill Community Hub daily
Other much needed items came from:
– Anthony Roberts, Member for Lane Cove, donated 50 large packs of toilet paper
– TK Max gave us a load of chocolates which cheered clients at Easter
– Chargrill Charlie’s in Lane Cove Plaza donated a heap of foil bags to our Home-delivered Meals Service – very handy!
– Access Group Solutions gave us a 20 litres hand sanitiser and 1000 gloves. Access Group Solutions is a Hunters Hill company which offers businesses a range of integrated and specialist services
– Lane Cove Council gave a 25 litre container of hand sanitiser
– Lane Cove Council enabled us to say ‘yes’ to many new clients for home-delivered meals when Council lent us two big freezers
If you can donate non-perishable groceries, your donation can be dropped at 46 Gladesville Road, Hunters Hill or 1 Pottery Lane, Lane Cove.
Both offices are open 8.30am-4pm weekdays. Thank you for your donation – a neighbour in urgent need will be grateful!
If you’d like to donate funds, you can donate online – where other ways to donate are also outlined.