We offer two distinct services:
Hardship Assistance Program is a service for people who are experiencing an immediate crisis situation or need short-term assistance. Hardship Assistance Program helps people maintain their dignity in dealing with the emergency crisis whilst at the same time encourages self-reliance.
Financial Counselling is a confidential, community service, which assists people who are experiencing financial difficulties or who need information relating to credit and debt. It offers assistance with financial, business and para-legal matters as well as provides skill in money management.
Hardship Assistance is not an income support payment. It is expected that in most cases assistance will be for a one-off purpose. Assistance is primarily provided in the form of:
- Food parcels of non-perishable food (pasta, rice, canned fruit and soups etc.);
- Food vouchers – These can be used at local supermarkets to buy food and domestic items;
- Utility accounts – Vouchers for Telstra, Gas, Electricity and Water accounts.
Financial Counsellors are qualified staff and volunteers who are members of the Financial Counsellors’ Association of NSW. Face-to-face interviews are confidential, supportive and non- judgmental.
Activities and Services included:
- Short term emergency, financial and or material assistance;
- Financial counselling services;
- Referrals to other services that help to address underlying causes of financial crisis, including:
- Drug and alcohol rehabilitation services;
- Supported accommodation services;
- Mental health services.
Service operating times
The Hardship Assistance Program runs fortnightly by appointment on Thursdays from 1:30pm to 4.30pm at Sydney Community Services – Hunters Hill Branch, located at 44 Gladesville Rd, Hunters Hill.
Financial Counselling is an outreach program of neighbouring organisation Christian Community Aid held at 46 Gladesville Road, Hunters Hill by appointment only.
||Description / Eligibility
|Lane Cove Area
||Hunters Hill Area
|North Sydney Area