What a generous community! In March we called out for donations to help us get essentials to isolated people who have no family, neighbours or other close contacts to support them and the giving nature of our community shone brightly! Within an hour, SCS’ Lane Cove Office had received four donations of food and toilet rolls – which went straight to people urgently needing provisions. More wonderful donors and donations include …
- Harris Farm at Boronia Park and Drummoyne are stellar suppliers of fresh fruit and vegies which our staff are delighted to deliver to isolated people. This was coordinated by Justine Perkins, founder of Touched by Olivia which works with developers, businesses and children’s charity Variety, to create inclusive playspaces across Australia.
- Rev Michael Armstrong from the Anglican Parish of Hunters Hill gave us a fabulous donation of food staples and a sanitation pack for our frontline workers and volunteers.
- Complete Office Supplies, a one-stop shop for every room in the office gave us two big boxes of valuables for the smallest room in the office – toilet paper.
- The wonderful Happy Hens’ community garden in Gladesville are donating their harvest to our community in need http://www.happyhens.org.au/.
- Hunters Hill Rugby Club held a food drive for us on Sunday March 22nd in which the footie crowd was hugely generous with packaged groceries and much sought-after toilet paper! http://www.huntershillrugby.org.au/
- Hunters Hill IGA donated $400.00 to Sydney Community Services.
- A lovely Lane Cove local very generously donated $500.
- Jack and Co, the fresh yet fast food store, reached out with vital hands on deck helped us get items to very isolated people.
It’s only through the generosity of our fantastic community in Ryde, Lane Cove and Hunters Hill that Sydney Community Services has emergency provisions to distribute to isolated people who have no other support at this incredibly difficult time. We couldn’t help them without your donations – THANK YOU, ONE AND ALL!
If you’d like to donate funds, please call us on 9427 6425
If you can donate non-perishable groceries, your donation can be dropped at 46 Gladesville Road, Hunters Hill and
1 Pottery Lane, Lane Cove.
Both offices are open 8.30am-4pm weekdays. Thank you for your donation – a neighbour in urgent need will be grateful.