Interested in volunteering?
Are you a person that would like to make a positive difference in someone’s life or in your community?
Our volunteers are the most valued members of our organisation. Much of our work could not exist without their contribution. When you volunteer with us, you become part of a team of over 400! Our volunteers work locally to support the vulnerable by connecting the elderly, the frail and people with disability to the community.
We make volunteering a rewarding experience. Many of our volunteers have worked with us for many years, which is testament to the fact that they enjoy what they do.
Our Volunteering Opportunities
Volunteering opportunities are available in a range of services including Gardening, Meals on Wheels, Social Support, Community Transport, Disability Support, the Linen Service and the Community Visitors Scheme. Most services operate weekday mornings. For people who work full time, Easy Care Gardening also operates Saturday mornings and the Community Visitors Scheme allows you to set your own schedule.
As a volunteer you may experience:
- The feeling of wellbeing that comes from helping others
- An opportunity to contribute your skills or learn new skills
- A sense of community and friendship
Principles of volunteering:
- Volunteering benefits the community and the volunteer
- Volunteer work is unpaid
- Volunteering is always a matter of choice
- Volunteering is not compulsorily undertaken to receive pensions or government allowances
- Volunteering is a legitimate way in which citizens can participate in the activities of their community
- Volunteering is a vehicle for individuals or groups to address human, environmental and social needs
- Volunteering is an activity performed in the not-for-profit sector only
- Volunteering is not a substitute for paid workers
- Volunteering respects the volunteer’s rights, dignity and culture
- Volunteers do not replace paid workers, nor constitute a threat to the job security of paid workers
- Volunteering promotes human rights and equality