A name that is familiar to all Australians, Meals on Wheels is at the heart of many communities. It represents helping hands, teamwork and looking out for each other.
Our Meals on Wheels service prides itself on providing nutritious, delicious, affordable food prepared for Lane Cove’s mature residents and delivered by our friendly, community volunteers.
Who is it for?
Meals on Wheels is available to over 65’s, younger people with disabilities and carers, assisting people to remain healthy and independent whilst living in their own home.
Why choose us?
- Delivering over 11,000 meals each year, our Meals on Wheels service is from the community, about the community and very proudly services the community and residents of Lane Cove.
- No contracts, no minimum order and no cancellation charges.
- Free delivery and free smiles!
- Nutritionally optimised and balanced for older people.
- Daily, weekly or occasional deliveries – as much as you like and as often as you require.
- Huge variety of high protein, healthy meals, desserts and soups.
- Delivered by community volunteers who help to provide personal contact and connection with people in their own home.
- Prices range from $6-10 per meal, with free apple or orange juice.
- Suitable for diabetics and available in standard puree, soft and cut-up textures.
- Funded by the Australian Government under the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP). Eligibility is determined by My Aged Care.
||Description / Eligibility
|Lane Cove Area
||Hunters Hill Area