The Social Support Program for Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) communities is a caring and friendly service which aims to facilitate social inclusion of older people or younger people with disability from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. In consultation with community leaders, we design and facilitate a range of social activities which aim to support, promote and enhance the independence, quality of life and well-being of the participants.
This Service includes:
- Day Trips to interesting and beautiful places
- Information sessions on topics relevant to ageing community services and programs enabling people’s independence.
- Celebration of culturally unique events
- Leisure learning including art, craft, cooking and gardening
- Skills improvement including English conversation and computer literacy
- Wellness activities including gentle exercise classes
Participants can choose from the following groups:
- Spanish Group
- Iranian Ladies Group
- Italian Group
- Afghan-Iranian Group
- Chinese Group
Service operating times:
Service days and times depend on the activities of each group.