Carers Support provides information, support, advocacy and regular breaks from the caring role. Each group is tailored to the needs and interests of the carers allowing them a stress-free break.
These groups support the unpaid primary carer of: child/children with disabilities; a person with an aged-related condition; and acquired brain injury, spinal injury, stroke etc.
The Carers Peer Support Service includes:
- Information seminars
- Education & training relevant to caring
- Weekend Wellness Camps
- Gentle exercise with qualified Fitness Instructor / Occupational Therapist, Sally Castell
Participants can choose from the following groups:
- Carers of Autism and Diverse Disabilities
- Carers of Young Adults with Disabilities
- Korean Cockatoos
- Carers of Aged
- Acquired Brain Injury / Spinal / Stroke
Service operating times:
Service days and times depend on the activities of each group.