Our free Community Advisory Service welcomes inquiries from anyone wanting to know about community services and supports for people aged over 65 years, or for people aged over 50 who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander. There’s a range of options to enable comfortable independence at home.
Feeling informed about what’s available and guidance on how to move forward with a plan of action leads to greater optimism about living at home independently and about the future in general. Enquiries cover a wide range of issues – frequently mentioned concerns include:
- Memory-related issues
- Someone not walking as well as they did; difficulties arising from decreased mobility
- Difficulties with basic tasks at home
- Care after a hospital stay
- Carers not getting a break from their caring role.
Our advisor can answer your questions about:
- My Aged Care – the Federal Government’s assessment pathway for Commonwealth Home Support Program services),
- aged care and allied health services,
- Home Care Packages,
- NSW Health’s Aged Care services for the community
- respite and
- permanent residential care
The service also covers supports for carers available through the NSW Carers Gateway . A free telephone interpreting service is available through the Translating & Interpreting service (TIS National) on 131 450.